Eight Essential Principles for Peak Performance in the Virtual Workplace:
If you are not willing to free employees to “work naked,” you may be constraining the performance of your company.
If you are willing to let employees work where and when they are most effective, you will reveal the full potential of your organization.
1) If you take the INITIATIVE to explore remote and mobile work strategies, you can accelerate your company’s move into the knowledge economy.
2) If you TRUST your employees to work out of your sight, they will be more committed, more productive, and more satisfied.
3) If you encourage JOY in the workplace, you can reap the true rewards of technology and mobility while avoiding overwork and burnout.
4) If you celebrate the value of INDIVIDUALITY, you will encourage creativity, self-management, and stronger solo contributions.
5) If you emphasize EQUALITY more than hierarchy and status symbols, you will remove barriers to communication and avoid wasting money on outdated trappings.
6) If you are willing to engage in open, honest DIALOGUE, your global workforce will be better informed and more collaborative.
7) If you optimize CONNECTIVITY between all the stakeholders in your business, you will strengthen business relationships and improve your ability to attract and keep valuable workers.
8) If you allow access to a wide range of WORKPLACE OPTIONS, your employees will use their time more effectively and be well-supported for both solo and collaborative work
© C. Froggatt, 2001 Excerpted from Work Naked: Eight Essential Principles for Peak Performance in the Virtual Workplace (Wiley, 2001)